November 19, 2005

Good-bye Unemployment

Back to my Wall Street drone life I go, this time at a German Bank.
8:30am Monday morning with Starbucks in hand, silenced cell phone in bag, and a power suit snugly about my frame I will comport myself with the utmost professionalism.

I must disclose that I'm proud of myself. I have been offered a slightly higher-paying, better-titled position than the acceptable post I applied for with the firm.

Much like bid day after sorority rush, my euphoria at being selected thrives strong. Knowing full well that I would get picked since they pick the ones they like and I am most certainly likable in their construct--yet the joy of being chosen is not diminished. I love human nature for all the nuances within.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hurrah! the ugly e-blogger navigation toolbar is banished!

kudos for the host'$ new day job.
There's an irish pub on Bleekman Street, good choice for lunch any day. Also a decent gaggle of street/sidewalk vendors in that area.


p.s. 'sorority rush' chortle snicker smirk smirk

Anonymous said...

p.s. look at the layout of this girl's blog. And she is in lousy Connecticut!

Anyway, this is how yours could look, too . . .

http://redbarracuda.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

a "power business suit" on a 5'4" girl, that must be something to see, (snickering)

oh well. good luck tomorrow. really. new job, great--now you just need a new guy.

Anonymous said...

good luck! maybe the germans will treat you better. :-)

Anonymous said...

yeah just don't mention the political theories of your ex-whatever-he-was