November 25, 2005

Homecoming

The Office is a chain restaurat--by chain, I think there are three or four in Northern NJ--in Summit, where I went to high school.
Every thanksgiving, all or some part of the posse from the golden days meet up for chicken fingers and daquairis at this old haunt.

Poor planning this year resulted in only three of us appearing.

It was great to catch up with my long time-ex, longer standing still boyfriend turned Las Vegas Esquire. His family was warm and welcoming as ever--truth be told I think I spent more time looking at his little bro's prom, graudation, and college photos than I spent with Norman.

Jenn, who joins me with the rest of my NYC girl crew at tea made it out, but it was different being with her again in the nostalgic glow of The Office lights. Her visiting, live-in boyfriend she left at home. She's harder-working and more principled than the rest of us, but she's also more annihilistic--a combination I can not adequately articulate in this medium.

Tracey had to work--but I'll be heading over to her opulent apartment shortly to meet her African tree frogs.

Helen, my British, spent time in an Indian village, granola girl took a break from her disaster-relief day-job in DC but we didn't end up connecting...maybe tomorrow?

Jim, my first gay boyfriend--whom I've tried fruitlessly to replace ever since--has not returned home this year.

Xander whose post-bac goes into its fourth year is also MIA--perhaps at his mom's in Cape Cod this year?

Lacey in her champagne meets cocaine induced musicology state went to GA to see the southern relatives from UMich this year.

That's the clan as it stands--our motley bunch of Summit High School surivors sans school spirit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love meeting up with the high school folks when i am home... though it really is so different from high school, i think we are all finally adjusting to how we all changed (or i'm adjusting to them, since they all stayed in the area).