November 11, 2005

In 1998, at 17

I loved Z100 and made a mixed tape that went something like this:

Alanis Morrissette--Head over Feet
Dave Matthews Band--Crash
Jewel--Morning Song
Green Day--Good Riddance
Billie Myers--Kiss the Rain
Sarah McLachlan--Remember Me
Jennifer Paige--Crush
Vitamin C--Graduation Song
Chumbawumba--Tubthumping
LeAnn Rimes--How do I live?
Robyn--Show me Love
All Saints--Never Ever
Cypress Hill--Insane in the Membrane
Third Eye Blind--Semi-Charmed Life
Lisa Loeb--I do
Shania Twain--You're Still the one
Aerosmith--I don't wanna miss a thing
K-Ci and JoJo--All my Life
Elton John--Candle in the Wind
Barenaked Ladies--One Week

Yeah...no one in college would BELIEVE my musical tastes were quite this white-washed since I became a "ghetto fabulous is my gospel" listener shortly upon entering the Hopkins campus.

I blame Baltimore city and one Li Chen!
Thanks Li!

An homage to popular music--Go Team Mainstream!

No comments: