December 9, 2005

Chindian Food

My all-time favorite cuisine is Indo-Chinese--affectionately termed Chindian food--which I gobbled up at dinner with Beth last night.

We had a long overdue "I'm out!" talk. We split a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and got all caught up on life, lifestyle changes, and parental disapproval.

I'm not a stickler for service and I rarely play the "cute girl" card to solicit the beck and call demeanor I was raised to expect from "the staff", but it just works out that way at Indian establishments. Having waited tables in collge, I am a stickler for generous tipping. That said, poor service is aptly punished as well.

Some good-natured ribbing between the waiter and I led the manager to amble over and present me with a 10% off coupon, crudely scribbled on a Cardommomm card. I think this may have had more to do with my imminent return than my playful whining. Beth expressed true surprise and some hesitance at this gesture, but I knew better. A sacchrine smile and a quick flick of the wrist to accept the offer was my recourse. I'm used to free meal invites for consorting with the employees--I must be losing my touch.

Then, as any good meal should end, we went to tea.

No comments: