December 1, 2005

Isn't it Ironic?

"Meeting the man of your dreams,
and then meeting his beautiful" band--wedding band, that is!

I'm of those girls that grew up on angsty Alanis Morissette music. What's ironic is that she bagged Hottie McHot Hot Ryan Reynolds who cameos besides my future husband--he doesn't know it yet--Kal Penn in my favorite movie EVER--Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle yeah, I'm from the Jerz!

Well, so the story goes like this:
I finally met the gorgeous (you won't think so, but I totally do) Managing Director, one of the Ambassadors in a program we just launched at the German Bank to up our class attendance. I'd been lusting after him from the teeny-tiny photo in the brochure...but in reality he's taller, thinner, a teensy bit salty in his rich, curly mane of pepper, and the kicker: BRINDIAN! As I've mentioned, I have a weakness for British Indians--but the guilt. To lust for the linguistics of a people that colonized, occupied, and pillaged my people--for SHAME!

It's all a moot point though, since a hateful but tasteful, platinum band sat slippingly on his wedding finger. UGH!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. ROLFLMAO. Hoot!

Anonymous said...

Brindian - that's quite amusing! Keep your eyes open - I'm sure there are other "Brindians" at your German bank.
-New Reader

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how much power a wedding band packs, but it is credit to you that you give it that power. Not all people respect it... and that makes me... angry? disappointed? exasperated with human integrity? You will meet the man without the band.

Anonymous said...

it's a sign, sweetie... stay awaaay from the brindian. :-)

probably married some white girl who likes foreigners. weirdo.

Sweet & Vicious said...

Ali--
Quit projecting onto my Brindian's wife. I'm sure she's a nice desi girl who makes him babies and takes keeps a swank house....yes, she's domestic and sweet and pleasantly plump.
sigh.