December 4, 2005

sk8ter boi

He's back and he's better than ever...
For some inane reason I'd written off the skater, but last night he really came through for me.

We hadn't spoken in two weeks, and I owed him a call--so in a slightly inebriated state with some encouragement from Rosie and Special K, I dialed those old digits in my new phone.

Chad was polite and charming as always...he came over. We hung out. The girls met him and I know when they come over later tonight they will sing his praises.
He's really smart and social--the kinda guy you can take places without having to baby-sit--and kind.

Personal disclosure: It wasn't my shining moment when I got a bit "ill"--three bottles of wine is toooo much for two girls! Rosie passed out on the couch. Chad doesn't drink--at all--part of the write-off, I suppose. But he was totally cool about it and uber-understanding. no faces, no grimaces, just "Are you sure you're ok?"

This morning, he was delighted by the snow, being a Santa Cruzer, this is big for him. We had Sunday brunch at The Barking Dog Cafe, UES staple, sharing a large, back booth with a family. He made faces at their kid--saying the boy reminded him of himself at that age. He held my hand under the table, fed me a strip of bacon off his plate, and suggested my chocolate milkshake was just aching give me a brain-freeze. It was nice.

We came back--he watched football and I blogged. It was comfortable.
He helped me find a USB 2.0 port add-on online. He started to fix my broken drawers, but decided it best to take on the project next time.
He just left.

He's easy-going....he doesn't need maintaining...he's faith realized. There are guys out there, I guess this affirms that--if nothing else. There's no "will he call me", "does he like me", "what does this mean"--no pressure.

"He's just a boy and I'm just a girl...haven't you heard, how we rock each others world!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

drama-free is GREAT, isn't it? i know we girls dig a little ruckus from time to time, but as an on-going affair, that is mighty exhausting...

Anonymous said...

A "skater boy" eh? between 25 and 28 years old, presumably? Hmmm.


Chad: that's the tail end of one of those waves of 'unusual' baby that happened a while back. When a lot of bland middle-class parents were striving for hipness and cachet. Others examples in the same vein: Ethan, Joshua, Elijah, Zach, Damon.

"Personal disclosure": LOL. Can't handle your liquor eh? hahaha. Like it, like it.

He held your hand under the table: that is a nice thing. I agree. Sounds like an okay guy I guess.

But temperance is a GREAT reason to write someone off. How awful is it to be in a LTR where one person drinks and the other doesn't. That is a recipe for schism and resentment.

Bacon nibble: Do Desi girls eat cow and pig without a flinch?

Overall I rate this post a 7. Way to enrich a weekend, Curry-Rice Girl. Interestin' insight into UES life.


p.s. get your haircut yet? what about those nails?

Anonymous said...

here's a link for you and your crew:

"http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/"

I think you'll like it. I check it every day, it's better than theOnion . . .