December 19, 2005

Study Hall

I never took a study hall in high school. In lieu of accepting my slacker-dom, I added to my AP plate a series of "challenging electives". I could have really benefitted from Nutrition and Home Ec, but NOOOO--I had to take Law, Economics, and other fancy additions to my crazed core curriculum. Study hall was out of the question.

I wish my schedule permitted a study hall now. Insert into my normal work day along with lunch--study hall--to actually DO my homework, especially this week with final papers looming around me. I suppose the weekends are life's study hall, but the sad reality is that I frivolously flit those in meaningless pursuits: rewatching old movies on TNT, ambling through Union Square, and drinking copious amounts of alcohol which only results in the loss of another day in recovery.

Harry Potter reference: I'm submerged deep underwater but I forgot to swallow gillyweed and I have to choose between my short group dynamics and long psychological aspects of organizations papers--both must get written, I haven't done most of the readings for either and the urgency with which they mount is ever increasing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am so with you! i just want the world to stop, but on the weekends i get NOTHING done...