January 11, 2006

ABCD

This ABCD would love to visit these ABCD!

Amsterdam, Netherlands
Europe
After watching Eurotrip, my desire to eat magic brownies and amble about the Red Light District was heightened to new levels. I would take in the Anne Frank Museum and the Van Gogh goodness as well. Though most of all I'd like to ride a tandem bike and avoid hitting the trams whilst pausing to photograph a row of colorful houses.

Bogota, Colombia
America (South)
My mom's neighbors hail from this metropolis in South America. I've heard the party scene is pretty spectacular not to mention those Latin culture. I've never been to South America or even Central America for that matter, so this is a definite foray for me.

Calcutta, India
Asia
While I've traveled significantly in India, both the North and the South--this major center of trade and humanitarianism has eluded me. Mother Teresa memorials and British influenced architecture aside the poverty here rivals Bombay and must been seen to be believed. Born Into Brothels did nothing to assuage my guilt at not having paid homage to this historical city.

Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Africa
While I never had an interest in visiting the African continent, my fascination with Egypt aside--I dated a boy whose mother grew up here and went back in her later years to contribute significantly to the AIDS relief effort--albeit in an outreach/fundraising capacity. Made me wanna go...

If you could fly, where would you go?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

milster. speaking of travel. the chivas editors are a professional journalist and a US diplomat. we never had a chance. smuggle some absinth back for me!

Anonymous said...

right now, bali. about ready to drag the boy down to city hall in order to fix his visa problems once and for all...