January 22, 2006

It's a Boy!

I've been announcing his arrival for a LONG time now...Months actually, but he's finally here. I have a brand new puppy. His name is Luckey. He's a Maltese. He was born 10/10/05, a mere 8 days prior to my 25th birthday. He weighs about 3 lbs. and is expected to tap out in the next three months at a whopping 8lbs.

Originally meant to be a birthday gift from my mother, he was quickly transitioned to a Christmas present. My trip to Prague was impending and we put bringing him home, again. But after much ado, he is officially MINE. He may just be THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!!

As I type, my mom is calling him her "grand pup" having hopefully accepted that this is as close to grandkids as she is going to come. She's been cooing in his general direction ever since we got him. Truth be told, I think she's compensating for the reality that she had preferred the female Bichon--whom I had planned to name CiCi--but she was sold and I think I'm more suited to a boy pup-pet. Between Luke and Luckey I struggled finally settling on a name that was less human and more whimsical--yes, I realize it lacks the originality and flair of 'Rella, but I think it's an apt tribute to the fact that I HAVE A PUPPY!

Pictures to come, but I had to put up a qiuck post to notify one and all of this happy news in the land of sugar plums and candy canes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to meet him!