January 23, 2006

Lucky Me!

Luckey spent his first night at his forever home last night. He's just a bundle of energy--I exhaust just watching him bounce around. I can see that housebreaking is NOT going to be fun...but I'm enrolling him in obedience training pronto--only thing worse than a poorly behaved child is a misbehaved pup. Tsk!

I've already attained pet insurance, which costs a pretty penny but considering he still needs shots and neutering--it's well worth it at a whopping $35.95/month every month for as long as he lives--which we hope is a VERY long time.

Luckey's already ousted my mom and her soon-to-be-husband as the background on my phone. I couldn't bear to crate him, so I've put a gate across my kitchen doorway and that's his home when I'm NOT home. I put him in the crate at night to prevent any accidents--since dogs won't pee or poop where they sleep; something must be said for instinct.

I have to admit that it warms my heart when he follows me around and jumps on my leg so I must pay attention to him and his doting eyes suggest I should pick him up--I do more often than not.

At present Luckey has three chew toys--one of which he loves to hump more than others--yes, he humps! An adorable green bed, a fluffy white play pad, a red dual bowl for water and food, a red harness, a yellow leash, and a blue sweater (XS). I'm in the midst of securing an engraved collar from Tiffany's...I KNOW! I'm THAT girl. Don't hate!

I promise every entry will not be Lucky-related going forward, but this week may be dominated by Luckey blogs. I know, I owe you pics...they're coming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

will lucky come to tea?