February 27, 2006

Bursts of Energy

I'm sesaonl. I'm not fruit, but the sheer vigor with which I find my life pulled year by year varies yet stays constant in its seasonality.

It goes something like this:
Resolutions in the Winter and agonizing over my hibernating ways--one pre-planned trip always adds luster to life.
Spring sees wardrobe changes and self-improvement by way of creative classes (not school but learning).
Summer harkens wild nights and elevated levels of bacchannalia. Impromptu trips and weekends away. I'm not so much a beach comber but I love the sun--tan as I mustn't.
Fall is by far my favorite season with my birthday to highlight my love of life. Always seem to find love this time of year and it symbolizes new beginnings. The looming reality that the year is almost over also finds me at the gym--every year, back I go only to quit in Feb.

Last year I took fun classes in cooking and Italian at The New School.
As this spring looms large, I find myself signing up for Knitting--at Knit New York in Union Square--and Mixed Media workshops at the Lower East Side Art Alliance. Pottery--beginner wheel, Ghost generation that I am--on Chambers Street, a skip and a jump away from the office. Puppy obedience training at Petco on 86th Street with Luckey has already begun.

Along with my preocupation with Anais Nin which has led to my purchase of every book she's ever written, inlcuding her biography which she was too dead to write--thanks Dierdre Bair! When I will cram in some self-instructional harmonica is left to be seen. Not to forget my second weekend class at TC...that's two weekends in April I'm not looking forward to giving up in the pursuit of higher education. Why can't I just be satisfied with my fun learning?

No comments: