February 3, 2006

Kissing Creatively

There's something special about the first time you kiss someone. In my case, there's something VERY sweet about the first time someone kisses me. I never forget it. That's right folks--I remember every first kiss. Pending there was a second and a third and a fourth. I don't mean spin-the-bottle kisses or drunken frat party rendezvous. I'm talking, boy I dated for a week/month/year kisses.

So, last night after a delicious dinner at LaGuardia Grill with free flowing wine (the unlimited wine comes to your table as long as you order an entree)--my date and I snuck into one of those cubbies designed as a wind/snow/sleet/rain/sheer cold escape for the winter months--a phenomenon very popular in New York City--I'm not sure I've even seen this anywhere else. As we stood there he pulled from his leather jacket a fatty and proceeded to set it aflame. I smiled and obliged a puff on the puff-puff-pass routine.

When I explained to him that I'd never truly felt the effects of this activity, he balked. In an effort to ensure he was doing his part to assist me in maximizing effect he pulled me close and said, "Inhale what I exhale" Now that's romance! So, I proceeded to breathe in deeply as he breathed out gently. He shook his head--apparently I was doing it wrong. I was meant to breathe in with my mouth open, just as he expelled smoke with his lips that created the prettiest little "o"

Crafty boy with a crafty ploy--as soon as I did this--our lips touched and breathing became kissing and kissing and kissing. It was endearing in a way that I'd always envisioned endearing to be in high school--but it never was back then. Yes, I was that scary straight edge girl...but in my path to hedonism I've learned that dreams can come true--visions can be reality--if you live a little, give a little, and expect a lot.

Without expectations we're no different than animals...eating, breathing, peeing, pooping, sleeping...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FIRST KISSES ARE THE BEST!

have to say, sometimes i miss the one-of-a-kind electricity... but not nearly enough to trade in my honey. :-)