February 14, 2006

Mi Meme

Four bizarre jobs I have held and the length of time I lasted and how I left:
1. Paint Girl: Color Me Mine in Summit, NJ 3 months
In high school, I took this job for pizza money. I was in charge of securing paint and brushes for kids, soccer moms and the like who used paint therapy to unwind or host parties. Stopped going one day after school.

2. Life Coach: Telecommuted 3 weeks & 2 weeks
Provided phone and e-mail reminders to a client in LA and another in Princeton, NJ. Mostly they paid me to be their nagging wife. One was gay and the other had serious issues: he insisted on referring to me as Goddess. Both job paid in movie tickets through Fandango.

3. Social Planner: Diamond Dealer in NYC 8 months
One of my many CL etcetera jobs. I planned out activities this diamond dealer never ever ended up doing. He was one of those sleazy middle-eastern bachelors. Once he had me just sit in his office and watch him work. He paid me in cash advances--booze money.

4. Art Auction Bidder: NYC Gallery 2 hours
Tommy and I attended an art exhibit and bid on a few pieces each. There is a limit on how many pieces one person can buy--particularly by the same artist, so the appreciaters who paid us circumvented the system by having us buy the pieces for them with their money. We got to rub elbows with the high brow clientele at the gallery and chug cheap wine--yeah, we're classy!

Four movies I can watch over and over:
1. Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle
2. Frequency
3. The Mummy Returns and The Mummy
4. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

Four places I've liked :
1. San Francisco
2. Prague
3. Rome
4. Jaipur

Four TV shows I like:
1. Greys Anatomy
2. Gilmore Girls
3. Sex and the City
4. Beauty & The Geek

Four Family Vacations I've been on:
1. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
2. Two-week tour of Italy
3. Disneyworld
4. Nantucket

Four of my favorite fast food dishes:
1. Chicken/Shrimp Vindaloo
2. Kung Pao Chicken
3. Bubble Tea
4. Nachos with Beef and LOTS of Jalapenos

Four sites I visit daily:
1. Dooce
2. CL
3. Google
4. New York Mag Rag

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. In my bed
2. In someone else's bed
3. In a hotel room by a beach on a bed
4. In Bombay

Two bloggers I am tagging:
1. Katie
2. Roma

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay! you did the meme!

i knew you'd rock the bizarre jobs section...