February 16, 2006

Networking hits Home

A fresh grad I onboarded at Silverstein Katz last summer is applying for the position of being one of the coordinators on my team at the German Bank(while they don't report to me, I get to assign them work--we work "together"!). She's only been with Silverstein since July...God awful place!

Though with her qualifications and work experience even as a youngster she should be aiming hiring than coordinating logistics from upcoming classes--it's only a wee step above admin labor. But then again, I was running that job at Silverstein a mere 4 months ago. We're all paddling in the same pool.

Got me thinking of what a small world banking in New York really is, albeit a large industry in terms of bodies in buildings...
Not to mention the power of networking! Gosh, it's really the key to success--well upward mobility being success!

No comments: