February 6, 2006

Tech Support

As Karen packed for her upcoming trip to Paris, she found herself at a crossroads. Steeped as she tends to be in indecision, she found herself floundering on what to pack. Forecasted at Paris is for a rainy weekend Karen is not a woman to sacrifice fashion for function, especially not when she visits her Parisian (read: fashion-forward) boyfriend.

In her hour of need, she IMed me for advice. As flattering as this was (Karen of impeccable taste and conservative style), I am self-proclaimedly inept at aiding others in clothes selection--but I am decisive, so there was a method to her madness. Given that 100-odd blocks between us and the lateness of the hour, we found ourselves in a bind.

That's when technological advances came to our rescue. Karen snapped photos of herself in her slew of newly purchased skirts and sent them to me via picture messaging on her phone. Having recently upgraded to this quality of communication, I anxiously awaited and responded to her various texts. Picture quality not being optimal, we then planned a mass viewing of said choices at Tea today--this is partially to ensure I am not solely blamed for the advice imparted. But I think, my initial reaction of "OH! Cute" and "I like the grey better than the bubble black skirt" put her mind at ease and definitely got her through the process usually riddled with nerves in a reduced nervousness fashion.

Au Revoir, Karen! I'm here for you, lady.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did the fashion show with karen as well... a bit disturbing, since she dresses MUCH better than me!

wore white pants today - not sure if they were WINTER white. promptly became ill and had to go home. perhaps i've lived in nyc long enough to be sickened by my own fashion faux pas?