March 24, 2006

Breathing Room

I haven't had a second to breathe today...it's been go go go go since I got here at an admittedly late 9:15am, especially since I'm rushing to class at 3:15pm to get all the way UP to Columbia.

My procrastinating ways have hit the top wrung on a steep, iron ladder. I missed this weekend class last semester (twice) and once this semester--this is my LAST shot to take it or it gets pushed BACK to summer term. I have weeekend classes the last two weekends in April as well--I hope the sunshine and warmer climate propel me to ATTEND those. Pushing back classes seem great at the time but really screw you over in reality--especially when you enroll for new classes willy-nilly with no regard for the incompletes from semesters of yore.

Trace and I caught Beyond Honor at Village East Cinema last night. There's a visual on FGM *female genital mutilation* that I am unable to erase. The movie was terrific in its ability to make ME (the jaded) squirm. There were points I covered my eyes and dared not peek between my fingers for lack of intestine-shredding implements in close reach. I finally understood why EVERY guy sputters when he sees another dude get kicked/hit in the balls. Oh me. Oh my!
I can't say the ending blew me away (pun intended) but I found it necessary which is a rarity in the realm of triteness.

I am thankful for my intact clitoris today! What about you? (obviously that question only applies if you HAVE one!)

No comments: