March 14, 2006

Hot Guy....Blah Girl

Riding the 4 (or was it the 5?) train down from 86th Street this morning, I saw a sight that is not oft seen: a gorgeous (by all human standards) guy with a very average looking girl (dark roots in her blonde hair, imperfect nose job, small--square--teeth a la Invisalign).

Now it is hardly remarkable to see the opposite: gorgeous women date psuedo UN-attractive men all the time. Some argue the uggos (ugly men) have money, others argue that women being less visual and more tactile and/or emotional have a different meter for judging attractiveness which surpasses the physical. I won't take sides on this--I think they both hold true, just depends on the woman and her circumstance.

That said, the HOT guy on the subway had that perfect dark-hair, spiked high and a six o'clock shadow hovering on his pale face. He had on "perfect" fit jeans and a black pin-stripe jacket. His blue eyes twinkled and he didn't look freshly awakened like most of the other riders. He represents "the look" that I love oh-so much. It's less in the blue eyes and fair skin and more in the spiky hair, scruffy face, and jeans/jacket combo...hubba hubba hello.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fortunately, the truth is women are two steps behind the men-who-like-men in this city.. if you're getting looks from men you can damn well be sure the ladies are looking too.

Sweet & Vicious said...

I don't have much of a trick. I look. If he looks back, I try to maintain eye contact. If that works, I smile. If he smiles back--I start to wonder why he's not trying to talk to me. Usually at this point, I look down and see the shiny platinum band on his ring finger and groan to myself...but if he's single, he usually gets off at the next subway stop and I'm wondering where I went wrong. sigh.