March 21, 2006

Is that an 8-track?

Riding the 5 downtown this morning at 7:42am, I spied a man with cane and what appeared to resemble an 8-track...upon closer examiniation I realized it was just an OLD-school cassette player. That's right folks, some people still have them and USE them.

Where would you even go about buying cassette tapes these days?
I mean records have that sexy,retro-chic thing going on...which makes them vintage and pack some pizzazz on the resale front, but is a cassette old school enough?

Giddyup kiddies, I used to own a tape player with requisite mix tapes to boot. In fact, when I was in India during COLLEGE (banished as I was for my brief semester of academic probation which led to "the semester which shall not be named" when I "dropped my basket") V made me a mix tape with spoken word attached and mailed it all the way to The Hind....those were the days of yore--Summer of 1999!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there'll be a song out one day.. "Summer of 99" and all the little teenie kids will think it's cool and hip and we'll all realize we're 45.