March 20, 2006

Livin' La Vida Sola

Ditha e-mailed me from India this morning to say she might not be back for another six months. She made profuse apologies for being a delinquent roomie and suggested I move as per my May 16th self-imposed guidelines. Her tone was apologetic as always.

I'm relieved. I'd been considering branching out on my own. It's high time I lived on my own. Supporting yourself never seems self-sufficient, when you have a built-in buddy. Plus, I won't ever be ALONE again--I have Luckey.

So the hunt is on for a studio south of 14th Street that I can afford and will fit all my shoes. Seems daunting and impossible, but affordable housing may be a potential lead. There may be some middle income housing I'd just make the cut to be considered for and if that panned out--I'd be GOLDEN. East Village, here I come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

may the power of craigslist be with you!

Anonymous said...

good for you! it's definitely a good experience living on your own - you learn a lot about yourself that way as well.
you should post pictures of the apartments you are interested in - that way your readership can comment and help you choose :)

Anonymous said...

Livin' la vida sola = soud lik fun!