March 17, 2006

St. Patty's Day

Apparently the famed Saint Patrick's Day parade on 5th Avenue is run by the Catholic church (albeit on the public street)and therefore prohibits Irish queers from marching under their rainbow flag. I had no idea. I learned this factoid via flyer when Taurean, Dino, and I had dinner in Chelsea earlier this week.

Incidentally, said Irish gay folk have meetings on the second Saturday of every month at the LGBT Center. Just the place to meet my future gay boyfriend...though not being queer or Irish, I'm not certain if I'd be welcome. Won't know if I don't try, I suppose.

Today is the #1 Drinking Holiday as per MSNBC. I plan to take great advantage of the fact that it falls on a Friday. Starting the night at 6's & 8's and moving up to Fiddlesticks to wrap. Not too Irish, but I'm not entirely a pub kinda gal. Brilliantly, let the camera I've been toting all week at home--today would have been the perfect opportunity to take some scandalous photos.

Oy Vey! Incidentally, Purim is ranked 5th on the Drinking Holiday list--to my genuine surprise. Go Jews! See, it's not just guilt, there is eating--drinking--and merry-making too.

No comments: