March 17, 2006

No knots in knitting!

I learned to knit a flower and a leaf, separately, in knitting 103 last night. The leaf is an easy endeavor--roughly 5 minutes and I can make you a fistful of them. The flower, however, took me two FULL hours to create. My tiny, New York bred, Chinese instructor using her needles as wand flicked hers into existence. She's a freshman at The New School studying Art Management with an emphasis on Dance. The things kids these days get into--riveting.

My incessant whining led to her giving me her flower to take home. So now, two hats can be bestowed with flowers and perhaps a patchwork of leaves can grace the gray clutch I built. I need to find lining for that bag--the garment district should sell bright green or red silky satin interiors. I'm not at all sure how to proceed with negotiating prices on that--I hardly have a bulk order to place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see your creations! start bringing some lovely stuff to tea for us all to coo over...