March 1, 2006

Tribeca

I got to leave work this morning to check out a restaurant for an event we're having this evening. Whilst in Tribeca*, where the restaurant is located, I realized that I wanted to move there. On my wee budget that is an impossibility at the current time--but all that it means to be New York is embodied in Tribeca. Not the village, but Tribeca. The amazing architecture and chic shops aside, the very air down there exudes sophistication.

I passed by Urban Archeaology which is soon to be my favorite store--well, just as soon as I can afford a place which affords itself a claw-footed bathtub. Located on the same block as Tribeca Grill**, this warehouse space had that classy New York vibe that stores in other cities beg to encapsulate but fail or even if they succeed, they just aren't in NEW YORK.


*Tribeca--TRIangle BElow CAnal
**Tribeca Grill is famed for its co-ownership by the legendary actor Rober DeNiro. Who is incidentally married to a not-at-all famous African American woman. Go DeNiro.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we should do a brunch there! later, when it's warm enough for a pleasant walk around...