April 13, 2006

Date 1--Dr. Aidan

Last night, Aidan and I went to Cooper 35 which is quickly becoming a tri-weekly stomping ground. The attentive waiter gave us each quizzes to determine drinks that matched our personalities--I was bestowed a Manhattan (HATE WHISKEY) and Aidan was presented with a Midori Sour (which he graciously let me have). The reality that I got the boy drink did nothing to comfort me from the fear that rages--I'm a man in a woman's body.

It was endearing but perhaps I'm not as much into PDA as I have once been. We moved the party to Sin Sin shortly after calamari and tuna tartare. It's been a long time since a man gazed at me that adoringly or make as much effort to hold my hand and kiss my cheek. At one point, I thought he was going to eat me--the way he kept rubbing his scruffy face against the delicate nape of my neck and higher back. I was impressed that he paid for the drinks--yes they were cheap but that still showcases him a gentleman.

He tried his damndest to cab home with me, but since NYU approaches much sooner than the UES, I dropped him off on the way uptown. He protested but finally consented when I promised to see him again soon. I can't imagine he expects to get serious but he did reference his impending residency move as "temporary" (how can 4 years be temporary at our age?) and insisted he would be back in NYC every weekend. That seems a bit much...no?

No comments: