April 13, 2006

Jaylin's Back

As the cab snaked up 3rd Ave. the driver made an arbitrary decision to swerve off and head up 1st Ave. Traffic!

It gave me an idea to pop in and surprise Jaylin. I haven't seen or spoken to him since "the big tiff" before Thanksgiving...but knowing he wouldn't protest, I just appeared at his doorstep unannounced. He was delighted to see me.

The instant compliment, "Hmm...your face has gotten so much smaller, I almost didn't recognize you!" won him some points and the forgotten reality that he has a large deck attached to his 2nd storey apartment warmed me further. The immediate selection of WB11 re-runs of Sex and the City (with no prompting from me) on his 52-inch TV was the icing on my cake of regression. We're back, baby!

He walked me home, smoking a cigarette along the way and kissed me gently on the forehead. I'd forgotten how nice it was--familiarity. He told me my hair looked shiny and I had a walk--a walk that made a man want to follow closely behind.

I miss V.

Lesson Learned: I'm a sucker for a suck-up!

No comments: