April 3, 2006

Elenora

Whilst at Karma on Friday night with Rani, Special K, Rosie, Dr. Aidan and some other NYU med kids I ran into an ex's best friend's gal pal. That's right folks--3 degrees of separation on that one.

The last time I had seen her was AT Karma almost two years ago. She was with her new man. We caught up for a few minutes. It was nice to know that even though I might not have ever meant anything to this ex of mine, I forged an impression that lasted past first encounters with friends of his friends. I loved his friends and as I look back on the mistake that was my relationship with him--they are who I miss. Too bad you have to break-up with the friends too when you break out of bad relationships.

Elenora and I hugged as we parted. She took my number and put it in her cell phone--I know she won't call but I'm comforted that she cared enough to carry out the masquerade of friendship miscarried due to a relationship aborted early in the second trimester.

cest'la vie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ugh, Hopkins-itis.. "Sure give me your number, we should hang out sometime." I just tell them I'm not in the country much nowadays.