April 17, 2006

Jaylin Jive

The great thing about Jaylin is that he cannot hurt me.
He's a 43-year old man in full blown mid-life crisis.

I'd forgotten how badly he wants a wife.

How he dreams of building a compound in lower westchester with a gate around his parents, brother with future sister-in-law, and a nuclear family of his own.

How much he talks about money without actually spending any of it.

Just how much he adores his family and values their place in his life. How he pushes for me to meet his parents.

How easily he laughs at my jokes. How quick he is to be impressed with my ideas.

He's a good guy...but SO not my guy. It's incredible how happy he would make some other girl--ANY other girl.

At this point in my life, there is no one else to spend those quality Joey-Dawson moments with in bed: side by side but not touching, palms facing the ceiling talking about his dreams.

No comments: