April 17, 2006

Garden of Aidan

Dr. Aidan and I embarked on our second date on Sunday to my brunch spot--Sushi Samba 7. I am a regular...which was apparent from the cordial greeting and prompt recollection of my office phone number sans reservation.

Due to my frequent invitation of guests to this venue, Gary and a female friend were in the audience...which was apparent from a text he sent me: "Nice white sweater!"
Instead of freaking out, I merely turned for a beauty queen wave in his direction.

Aidan and I ambled about the village and made our way to the east side, where bubble tea had to be had--he actualy LIKES it--bubbles and all. Delight.
He insisted we walk by Gramercy Park--fortuitous! Just as we were passing the keyed entrance an elderly chap was making his way in via walker. In his doctorly way, Aidan held the door and ushered me in.

The privacy of the park combined with the elitism of only entering with a key (you get a key by living in one of the select buildings surrounding the park itself) made for romantic bench time. The glorious weather and frolicking squirrels set the tone of an Elysian field in the middle of Manhattan.

Sick as I was I refused my communicable disease admission to the kingdom of Aidan--much to his chagrin and protest.
Some choice compliments from him to me were as follows:
"I like your body!"
"What...no, you're totally THIN!"
"Aw...you have such an adorable voice"

As we walked up Park Ave into Murray Hill...we passed none other than i-banker circa 2003. How the past can run into you! Thankfully other than an initial, nondescript look back, he kept walking....later when I called banker boy as I rode the 3rd Ave. bus uptown he asked "Did I just see you walking up Park Ave.?" as if he could possibly NOt have recognized me. I know I'll never forget that polyester, white hoodie with black piping...a wolf in sheep's clothing personified.

Aidan was none the wiser...making me promise him face-time later this week. He's headed to Boston to claim his stake in the brownstone pie.

Woody Allen voice aside...what if I really start to like him?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are SO not thin.