June 20, 2006

Bathroom Stall

At Hunter College last night before my tennis clinic, I ran to the loo to discover some graffiti that melted my heart.

It read thus:
"Jenna and Nicki,
Hey! This is Rico. We met at Jake's party last night. I don't usually do this and I'm kinda embarrassed but call me--917-875-????. I had a blast and it would be grate to hang out again."

Tracey--CALM DOWN. That is not an egregious typo on my part. The guy spelt it grate. I've seen this time and time again. And just like with "definately" I just don't get how an error so grave can be made by a literate individual.

I've seen some smart people misspell these words--I almost misspelled misspell. ARGH. It's contagious. I'm going to stop typing now and return to the labor they pay me to do.
Adieu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would never, EVER have suspected you of spelling it "grate", you silly goose. Come on now. But thanks for calming me down nonetheless.