June 14, 2006

Being read aloud

Last night when Tommy and I were home, the reality that cable will not be installed for ANOTHER week hit us hard.

Tommy wisely said, "Think of all the shit we'd get done if we never had TV. I've been more productive in the last two days than I usually am in two weeks."

As Tommy and I pondered how much of our life we'd whittled away in front of the box with moving images...what we were consumed with was despair that we had two such boxes sans moving images in our collective possession. sigh.

Tommy's new age computer (has a fan which cools it down--coolest thing ever!) and readily accesses the internet floating about the apartment, so he watched some baseball. After that ended I suggested he catch up on the blog, so it read it aloud to me.

Gotta say, hearing someone else's voice reading your words--very creepy but very cool. I must say, he has a remarkable flair for verbal expression of the written word. He's the kind of guy you want for books on tapes--a real money maker that industry. I think Tom should launch himself in the voice-over business.

Mind you, I could have unpacked a whole bunch more given the absence of TV...but after working till 9, buying groceries, making dinner, hitting the building gym, and straightening my hair...I was beat. Besides, I had to be at my desk at 8am today. bah.

No comments: