June 6, 2006

San Fran

I had some of the most delicious Burmese food at a crowded little restaurant of Li's choosing. It was a quiet evening but one we needed after all the road-tripping we'd just done.

I love the look and feel of San Francisco. From the houses to the hills and the Mission to the Bay. It's not New York, but it doesn't pretend to be. There's a bustle to the city with a California stroll. If you haven't been you have to go--there isn't much I can say to do justice to the ambience.

I had my requisite Dim Sum at Mayflower and BIG burrito at a dinky joint in the Mission. I bought a few clothes on the Haight...marveling at the hippies and the Gap on the corner of Haight and Ashbury. Li humored me.

I caught the red eye home: landing at JFK at 7am on Wednesday morning and catching the A train to find myself at my desk at work at 8:50am. Another vaca behind me and a desk overflowing with memos, projects, presentations, and articles.

No comments: