June 6, 2006

Carmel-by-the-Sea--17 mile Drive--Monterey Bay

Carmel-by-the-Sea was a collection of quaint antique shops and galleries. Pricey, I bet. We walked to the beach and watched the smattering of people picnic with their families--diverse--Indians, Chinese, European, American.

The mission in Carmel was classic in architecture and form. Just the air there smelled old--not musty--but aged. I could see the missionaries converting people.

We paid the requisite $8.75 to drive past Pebble Beach and take in the fancy homes of some of the richer residents in CA. Was it worth it? eh.

Drew insisted we visit the aquarium at Monterey as it is a location near and dear to any marine biologists' heart--we weren't sure why a business student would find it appealing, but no questions were asked.

Li and I decided the Baltimore Aquarium was a better bet. Less children.
I've only been to that one once, on a date with V--back when he loved me.

From Monterey we drove straight up to San Jose and dropped Drew at the airport. Three become two as Li and I continued to San Francisco.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

monterey is supposed to be very nice, do post pictures!