June 6, 2006

SLO

I felt like Mother Mary with two Josephs and no baby Jesus in tow as we tried inn after hotel after motel after hostel for a room in San Luis Obispo. NO luck.

After a few drinks at the Frog & Peach Pub we settled down for a night of slumber in the car. I gallantly, knowing full well the discomfort took the driver's seat--by far the worst pick. Thankfully I barely drank, given my pukey-McPuker night in LA, so I wasn't overcome by an urge to pee on someone's front lawn during the course of the night.

Not a peep outta me they heard--except when Drew awakened at dawn to drive us onwards to the journey that awaited us. I was nonplussed by his enthusiasm for the AM but appreciated the importance of savoring the day on a winding road with the fresh AC in our face and blue skies above bluer Pacific by our side.

Many a pitstop was made on Sunday as we took in scenic overhands and precarious turns on the PCH up to Big Sur. It was a roadmap to photo heaven.

No comments: