July 11, 2006

Another One Bites the Dust

Another day another job...
I quit today. Yes, another job--had and left. Another job that missed the year mark by a few months.

Most people are gripped by fear/anxiety/stress/discomfort etc. when faced with the end of one job, be it by choice or circumstance. All I feel when I quit jobs is relief. A sense of calm washes over me and it can only compare marginally with the high of getting a new job. I am professionally happiest in those moments. At the very beginning, before the job starts, or the very end, when I know the job is over.

Mind you, I also always quit one job before even looking for the next one. That's right, I am unstable and most comfortable in these life-altering moments of flailing in a state of complete chaos. So, I have not so much as put out any resumes or looked to see if jobs exist outside this one.

Job security is apparently my enemy.

This cannot be normal. Is it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suss Design Relocation Sale

What: Beautiful handmade knitwear plus gorgeous alpaca, cotton, wool, cashmere, and novelty yarns are 50-70 percent off.

Why: You’d be a knit-wit to miss it.

When: Thurs. & Fri., 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
Where: 281 Lafayette St., b/t Houston & Prince Sts. (212-226-1848).

Since we know you love to knit. :)