August 29, 2006

Day-T

Is it called a date because it originally took up the whole day?

I spent Sunday with a man who I wish I could be attracted to--yet try as I might, I can't fabricate it. We had a late brunch at Ulysees, followed by bubble tea in Chinatown, a screening of A Scanner Darkly at The Sunshine Theater, a jaunt through the village whence he bought me a flower (I promptly decapitated said flower as I gesticulated wildly entertaining him with my banter), and walked home through Tribeca.

Incidentally, A Scanner Darkly is a dark film! Go figure. The premise isn't complicated but it is presented in a manner that lacks clarity--I'm certain that's on purpose--and I'm not a Keanu fan but I definitely recommend a trip to a theater near you playing this flick. Surprising to see Robert Downey Jr. in a film about drugs. Though I'm still not sure if it was anti-drug propoganda or merely a portrait in the life of druggies at large.

No comments: