August 29, 2006

Still Drowning

In Apathy!

I've discovered that the career for me entails a combination of "friend-making" and presenting a prepared speil. As per my conversation with David King of Careers for Women Inc., I've learned that being a client manager at a large staffing firm and pursuing a career in recruitment at the levels above recruiter would be the best fit for my presonality and life goals. The salary for such a post ranges from $200-350K per annum including commission--not to mention the expense account.

It's sales of the highest order--selling people. Now, it's not like the slave trade, these folks want to be traded and the people who are being sold MAKE good money. Executive search firms are a booming industry and one where women can achieve the work-life balance that is critical to creating and maintaining a family. Not that I want a family, but I sure love the idea of having the time to spend good money made by moi.

No comments: