August 3, 2006

Phoney Insurance

Today I learned the benefits of insuring your cell phone.

Due to the reality that I am a paragon of precaution, I have never invested in phone insurance. Today when my phone fell victim to water damage, based on the faulty closure of a Fiji water bottle, I paid the price for not paying the meager $5.99/month to ensure a damage-free life.

I found myself pouting at the Verizon store on B'way in Union Square lamenting my fate of phone failure to an unsympathetic clerk who advised me to buy a new phone for $129. I rejected his offer and took the plunge--purchasing a silver Razor for $289 and adding a series of ringtons (Promiscuous Girl and 21 Questions) to my need for Ace of Base's The Sign, 50-cent's PIMP and In Da Club coupled with Nelly's Ride Wit Me (my anthem).

For someone who is unemployed, I sure am blowing some serious mulah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's hysterical to fill your life with empty purchase after empty to lessen the void that is your weight problem.

the person who said "skim milk is your friend" was spot on.