August 3, 2006

Shreeman Sisters

I had an interview at Shreeman Sisters earlier this week for an Associate Recruiter position. I think this is the logical next step in my disorganized career...a position in corporate America that requires boozing and exclusivity. Talk about the culmination of my sorority experience with my impending liver disorders--a match made in Hell.

I usually excel at interviews. This particular one the result of networking at my tennis clinic with a fellow student who is a Campus Recruiter at Shreeman.

However, this particular interview was a disaster. The recruiting manager was far from impressed by my lack of knowledge on the recruitment process and my uncertainity surrounding my career prospects. My would-be colleagues were civil and silly--at once laughing at my jokes and knowing that their opinions were secondary to management.

While I was impressed by their towering office building in Times Square and captivated by the uniformity of the feminie dress code, I know I won't be called back for another round at Shreeman Sisters--much to my chagrin. C'est la vie. Que sera sera.

No comments: