August 3, 2006

Diamond Dealer

A few years ago, I responded to a post on craigslist for the position of social planner to a diamond dealer in Midtown's famous diamond district. I worked for him sporadically in '03 and '04 disappearing into the fog of banking when my lottery number was called.

On Sunday, I got a call from my former party part-time employer. He's on a mission to fill my post, this time with a wing-man, and he wants me to handle the interview process. I was flattered and stunned by the impeccable timing. My dealer has always been generous and compassionate...particularly now, I needed his kindness to bide me through this hour of financial need.

The rest of this week you will see me at B Bar, cosmo in hand, interviewing men from all walks of fashion to be the right hand to this mogul's social schema.

No comments: