September 1, 2006

8:17am September 1, 2006

I had an epiphany. It will take the rest of my life to take shape.

I will take the GMAT early this October and apply to London Business School by their October 20th deadline--they will notify me of my acceptance by December 19, 2006. I will spend 2007-8 studying furiously, traveling with reckless abandon, making contacts cross-culturally with a paid summer internship in India. While traveling and working and learning, I will write a book capturing the experience--if no publisher expresses interest, I will have my grandfather print 100 copies in his press in Bombay which I will sign and distribute at will.

At 28, I will start my own business: MoxieMasala Inc.! We will specialize in delivering social miracles. I want to tell people I'm in the business of making dreams come true. Our company motto will be No Limits. Primarily staffed by the gay mafia we will focus our energy on image consulting, social/event planning, and the hiring of household staff. Our cards will be brightly colored and textured to reflect innovation and flexibility--the pivotal elements of success in such a service-oriented realm. I will guest lecture at universities across the United States and be an active mentor to college students who lack the drive or the dream but have the raw talent to amount to me.

It's the ultimate concierge service for high level corporate executives--thus garnering business from the Private Wealth sector of banks as well as the bankers themselves is critical to our survival (the contacts from b-school will be critical). Unlike firms that currently offer this service we will be global and versatile--most companies currently only specialize in one of these areanas--we will be a full-service firm.

In the interim, I will spend 2006-07 studying Italian--a quest I abandoned last Fall--as LBS requires fluency in a language other than English and I'm not sure Hindi counts. In lieu of actually completing my MA in Social Organizational Psychology, I will get a Certificate in Conflict Resolution from Columbia. I will fund my NYC life by getting the experience I need as a Recruiter at a Staffing Agency; it's always good to have back-up career option and executive sales and staffing is where it's at.

No comments: