September 1, 2006

DogSitting

I'm apartment sitting under the ruse of dogsitting for Gary at his adorable studio with sleep loft in Union Square. The location is unbeatable but when I ambled out at 11:44pm last night almost everything was closed--begging the question, why is it called the city that never sleeps if it's sleeping before midnight?

That's not the point of this post.

The point is that though I have a dog, I was very nervous about the responsibility of watching Cashew in Gary's absence. The notion that I may harm the dog or he may have an accident on my watch is unacceptable. Unlike Luckey, Cashew needs to be WALKED! This idea of routine freaks me out. Even for the five days I'm watching him, I'm on edge. How do people do it? Twice a day everyday at the same time without fail. This is why I never went on the pill--I couldn't trust myself to take one tiny pill everyday at the SAME time. My schedule is too erratic for that. I cannot be trusted!

On the off chance Gary is reading this...I'm doing a great job with Cashew. Fed him twice and walked him twice; unlike Luckey he is paragon of good behavior. Cashew is definitely an Omega dog....damn Luckey and his Alpha ways!

No comments: