September 29, 2006

Focus Groups

Living in New York you develop this ethnocentricity (specific to THE city itself), so I will resist the urge to start this post with "Only in New York City"--as I am wont to do--with no further ado...the post itself:

I've found that focus groups, for the unemployed, can be a source of income. In my early days in Manhattan, I used to supplement my then meager income with seasonal focus groups but off late I've managed to get invited to a few different ones with pay ranges from $100/hour to $225/day; clearly one pay scale is better than the other, but both are fairly lucrative modes of making money. While I'm still not sure I can susbsist on focus group wages alone, I am willing to believe New York Magainze that it is within the realm of possibility.

Still jobless and loving it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what's a focus group? what do you do?