September 29, 2006

Punched in the Heart

I have a confession to make...

This is hard for me to reveal but the truth is that many of my cute saying and funny slang originated from or were wholly inspired by Tracey. She's really the kookie, zany one and in the years our friendship has been symbiotic: the thin membrane of plurality ever growing closer to the singular and permeating my brain with potential witticisms.

What I'm trying to say is that I steal her sayings. It is not wholly intentional but like a good movie or great book, you get to quoting and stop marking it with quotes or air quotes, as the case may be.

This post is dedicated to Tracey! I'm acknowledging the truth and giving you credit for coining, "punched in the heart"--an expression I see myself using moving forward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please, who hasn't stolen from Tracey?

Here's to you Tracey, cluck you!