October 28, 2006

Crack Music

I spent a significant percentage of my waking hours today downloading music illegally off Limewire. Gotta love that Limewire.

The majority of the tunes I selected were in Hindi...just when I think I'm all-American a wake-up call like my taste in music raises it's FOBBY (Fresh Off the Boat) head; after all, I grew up in Bombay till I was about 12. I've rid myself of the accent, but many of my values, beliefs, and general worldview are still rooted in the subcontinent. This is not to say I'm not westernized to the point of ostracization from my home--because I am--but I'm neither of this world nor that.

The plight of us 1.5 generation kids...no one writes about us, except in passing, sandwiched between our parents and the 2nd generation immigrant kids.

No comments: