October 14, 2006

Friday, Oct. 13

I came home early today--midnight.

My day started (not just my night, I actually got out of bed for just this!) at Sugarcane at 5:30pm where I met the boy for drinks. Gary joined us in his lawyerly garb and ordered a bento box--delicious edamame. Rani was scheduled to meet us out, but her insistence on Haru's 1/2price special led me to meet her there at 7pm just in the nick of time to order some lychee martinis. There was no room for the boys, so Gary went to Muay Thai and the boy went ot meet his friends at Butai. I joined him and some of his friends there whilst they sipped Sapporos--the bartender made me a special martini, still no idea what it was!

Around, 10pm we all went back to his place to drink some wine and eat Indian in an effort to coat our stomachs for the night ahead. He had a friend in from MA and another one flying back from a week in Houston, TX. We rallied onwards to The Cutting Room--a la Sex and the City--where the show wasn't impressive but an in with the guest bartender made for free drinks...though I couldn't stomach the white wine given the 7 consecutive boozing hours that had harmed my liver.

I left them there to head home shortly before Tommy--I made some quesadillas and we opened up the leftover Coors Light from our housewarming and enjoyed a calm Friday at home with Luckey.

No comments: