December 9, 2006

500th Post

Let me take a moment to reflect on the last 499 posts--because I don't reflect enough--yeah!

I started this off unemployed and I'm unemployed again.
I was in school--half-assed--but finally quit.
I'm taking the GMAT next week. B-school here I apply.

I was single when I started and I've had a good many starts and stops but may just have found someone who has me pausing when I state my "single" status. But no jinxing that just yet.
I've learned that blogging about boys WILL always get me in trouble no matter how much I change their names.

I've traveled a bit and seen parts of the world I never dreamt I would get to see.
I backpacked--slept in hostels--and used every variety of public bathroom available.
I took subways, trains, trams, and buses from dilapidated to luxurious.

I had friends move away, lose touch, and others get in touch.
I moved from life with Ditha on the UES to calling my home an abode with two boys and a dog in the financial district.
I broke down and joined MySpace--where strangers reach out and friends shy away.

I went from surviving to thriving--living it up to living the dream--hopeless to hopeful and lonesome to loving life.

In the words of Norman--my roomie and long time friend--Life is Grand!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOMAN, congrats on the epistolary milestone, hope you will be around for another 500,000 entries -- that's my plan for you, anyway.

Anonymous said...

According to CNN, the unemployment rate for college grads is currently under 2%. how are you still unemployed???? you did graduate from college, right?

Anonymous said...

Zzzzzzz