December 8, 2006

The Boy Who Cried Ex

LawyerMan: i just wanted to say hello and thank you for the postcards...i am sorry i end up looking like an a-hole...
SweetlyVicious: Mr. Southie?
LawyerMan: yes
SweetlyVicious: you don't end up looking like a jerk...exes happen
SweetlyVicious: you weren't over her...right? so what can you do about it....
LawyerMan: well, i thought about just wanting to see you on a very fun dating thing, but i didn't want to insult you by suggesting that. i just wanted to be upfront and honest
SweetlyVicious: I'm not sure what you're asking/telling me
SweetlyVicious: you wanted to keep hooking up but keep clear that you're still hooking up with your ex....wouldn't she take issue with that?
LawyerMan: i'm sure she would. and no - that was a thought, but i didn't think that fair to anyone.
LawyerMan: and it wasn't ultimately who i wanted to be with you, who i def dig and very much enjoyed being around...
SweetlyVicious: aw, see they do teach you a little smooth in law school...I like that
SweetlyVicious: well, I very much appreciate that….and the feeling of like was very much mutual ;-)
LawyerMan: i don't think they teach smooth, but maybe that was a first year class i cannot recall.
LawyerMan: i do appreciate your cards though and hope you really dug the trek. as i am sure you did.
SweetlyVicious: I did...it was a blast
SweetlyVicious: the weather wasn't too shabby given it was fall and such...really glad I got to do it
LawyerMan: and i do (and did) have a big crush and attraction to you. but right now, i feel i need to see how things evolve with the ex, which i hope you can understand...
LawyerMan: i am def envious of your trek.
SweetlyVicious: of course...I get it...really, I'm young ...I'm not naive
SweetlyVicious: listen...if things don't work out with her for whatever reason...you hold onto my number...how about that?
LawyerMan: i know you are not naive. But after a few days of thinking, i couldn't let things just lie. Not that it matters at all, but i was very much attracted to you, and am, which makes all this so odd, because typically i am one to just be somewhat naughty...but i like you and her too much to be all sneaky with you both
SweetlyVicious: and for what it's worth I'm rooting for you...I know how things go with exes
LawyerMan: totally perfect on my end. And if you want to say hello AIM wise randomly, please do? we can friendly chat, right?
LawyerMan: thank you..
SweetlyVicious: just because you're attracted to me doesn't preclude a friendship right
LawyerMan: according to when harry met sally yes, but i say billy crystal be damned.
SweetlyVicious: I'm not suggesting we meet up for drinks late night...but we can be pals
SweetlyVicious: so since we're friends...why did you two break up in the first place?
LawyerMan: i think i can control little big man enough , and def enjoy your company enough, to be friends, including drinks late night to whatever...although i push things occassionally i guess...
SweetlyVicious: ps: I'm really flattered btw...that you're "attracted" to me and such
LawyerMan: well, it was basically a hella quick move in that precipitated into a blow up that caused me to have to move out. so once moved out, it was basically both of us needing time (and still needing time) to figure out what we want...
LawyerMan: but both of us wanting to explore that...
SweetlyVicious: of course, you know I think you're as cute as can be....
LawyerMan: well, you are a very sexy gal. and you know i am extremely attracted to you...
LawyerMan: and thank you. i am very flattered hearing that from you
SweetlyVicious: but above and beyond even the physical, I think you're so smart and I do like just talking to you
LawyerMan: yeah...i just didn’t want to cut things dry and run...well, i wanted a whole host of things, but i have to be true to you and myself...so if things were to work between us, they’d be real.
SweetlyVicious: I know that's a bit under-rated these days...but I really can't stress enough how much that banter means to me
LawyerMan: yeah..i mean, even if you didn’t want to touch me ever, i would’ve so enjoyed hanging together....i loved talking to you and your wit and charm
SweetlyVicious: I respect your honesty and the situation
LawyerMan: it was just wanting to jump you at the same time. hee hee
SweetlyVicious:
SweetlyVicious: well I can be VERY well behaved...so I promise I'll wear a turtle neck and we can sit 3 feet apart
LawyerMan: and i apprecite your understanding - more than you can ever imagine

No comments: