December 27, 2006

Eastern European Expedition

Tom likes this photo a whole lot more than I do, but I thought the cool circular pattern of this gate was worth capturing at the time. Why I stuck my head in it remains a mystery at this time, but I promise it seemed like a brilliant idea at the time it was taken. I may very well not have been that sober given the 25cent 1/2 liter beer we'd imbibed at our favorite underground bar around the corner from St. Nicholas Cathedral in Prague.





Don't I look like I'm plotting to take over the world in this photo? I'm no Brain, but what little likelihood of my world domination is encapsulated in this photo. My photogenicity is at an all time high--making me like this picture even more. This series of sculptures is a stone's throw from the church that houses the Infant Jesus of Prague.





I don't think is a particularly flattering photo, but I do think it represents a certain classic black and white photo element that captures youth and happiness. I think this is a photo I will look back on in a few decades and wonder why I didn't like it more at the time--but at this time, I just don't like it much.





I decided it would be best to dangle fearlessly from a pole that stuck out behind this particular segment of what's left of the Berlin Wall. Tom and I rode the S-Bahn a long way to the East Side Gallery so he could search for the spot his cousin signed the wall. We didn't find his graffiti nor did we add our own, but this photo is a pleasant by product of the journey.





I loved the Reichstaag! That's the background although you can't see any of its magnificient glory in this pic, but I sure look happy to be there.

No comments: