December 24, 2006

Two Boys...One Venue

In an effort to maximize my time, I had pre-show drinks with Indian Christian. I had invited the Dog Watcher to Escape M60's performance (Taurean's band featuring one crazed drummer and a pair of long-haired '80s heavy metal emulating guitarist twins). To my unplanned horror, IC quickly accepted my spur-of-the-moment polite invitation to attend the show--despite his long commute to the family stead in NJ. I was forced to introduce my former suitors to one another, much to my chagrin. Despite their similar characteristics, namely an affinity for the Giants and extreme friendliness toward the average stranger, they did not take to one another one bit.

I think Taurean summed it up best when he said, "When I looked off stage and there were TWO of the same Indian dude--one on each side of you--I thought my vision was shot or the lights were too bright. With the twins on stage and your doppleganger boys off-stage I thought I was in a doublemint commercial and not at my first gig in the city."

Escape M60 was amazing! Considering it was their FIRST performance in front of a live audience. GOOOOO TAUREAN! Rock on, son.

No comments: