December 24, 2006

TimeLine

Isn't it remarkable how quickly someone goes from being a stranger to your daily phone call? I thought this with Zayan and I'm falling into the same pattern with Irish--yeah, he's an I-person--it's truly amazing how quickly and naturally you transition from not having that special person in your life to awaiting a call from them in their prolonged absence.

Irish and I have been going together now for 3 weeks, the last of which he has been in the Sunshine State and I'm currently in the Garden State--sniff! Over this short span, we've developed a comfortable dynamic that encompasses playful, sarcastic, polite, sexy, and on occassion serious. Now I don't mean SERIOUS--but we've conquered that pivotal point where we can have a conversation about feelings, specifically mine, and he won't freak out. He'll tell me he doesn't get it or that "those are (my) issues" but I don't worry that he's going to run for the hills and never call me again. Then again, maybe that's a wholly premature statement but I've made it and now I'm going to stand by it.

EEK. I'm in a couple again. ME...not single! Me...half of a couple.

No comments: