April 12, 2007

Abrupt

Men in my family have done this for decades and I realized yesterday that it drives me absolutely crazy.

The phone call tha tends without "Bye!"

The business of the conversation being complete, D'Souza (sleepy as he was, I will not excuse him) proceeded to hang up the phone as he often does brusquely.

Now, this has long bothered me about him. Bothered me because it is something I have HAD to live with my entire life as a consequence of the older, crankier men in my family practicing this bizarre behavior. For an extremely polite crowd I will never gather how such abruptness is common practice. D'Souza similarly exists in this pattern.

In D'Souza's defense, Tommy frequently accuses me of saying THE LONGEST GOODBYES. Perhaps that is true. Perhaps it is just an average length goodbye for a girl with abandonment issues.

All I know is that in the con column, D'Souza's got abruptness firmly in the top slot--at least alphabetically speaking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why no updates? Busy looking for your new place? (:

Anonymous said...

yoo-hooo - where are you?